Karen’s Story

Image 30.jpegImage 30.jpeg

Hello, my name is Karen. I am 35 years old. When I was 26, about 9 years ago, I started to get quite ill with headaches and dizzy spells. I kept going back and forth with the doctor. I was pregnant with my second child, so his diagnosis was, “You’re a young mum with another baby coming. You’re experiencing normal symptoms.” I had different diagnoses and I was taking different medications, but nothing helped.

About six months later, I had my baby, but I was still feeling ill. I had to stop driving because I would get dizzy. I would easily get confused. I struggled to remember things and also struggled to find my way through a city I had lived in for years. Things that were normal became very challenging, and I would get exhausted all the time. By Christmastime that year in 2011, I collapsed in a shopping center. My husband took me home, and I went back to the doctor. This time, I was diagnosed with a virus, but there was nothing they could do but prescribe pain killers.

I was struggling. A few days later, I had another headache and began vomiting. A friend of mine, who is a General Practitioner, advised me to go to the hospital and get checked out again. I didn’t want to because I had been there so many times and received no real help, but she told me I had to.

When I got there, a junior doctor attended to me. This doctor didn’t want to take any chances, so she scanned my head. They discovered I had a brain tumor the size of a small orange with a cyst around it. I was rushed to a hospital on the opposite end of the city and had an operation the very next day. The operation was about 8 hours long and was completely successful. They were able to remove the tumor, which I found out a few days later was benign.

God was so faithful in how all the events happened. My friend asked me to go and get checked out, and a junior doctor was present who was meticulous. God guided the surgeon’s hand, and I hardly have any repercussions of the tumor at all.

My recovery was miraculous. After the surgery, I was numb in one side of my face. I had a limp, struggled to walk and found it hard to think straight. Over a short period of time, God was able to restore my mind. I was able to do all the things I could do before, and I was back to work within 10 weeks.

God has been so good and I’m grateful that He saved my life. He has given me this incredible testimony of His goodness, His grace and His miracle-working power.

Interested in sharing your story? Get in touch with us.

Other Stories

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.