27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them. 28 And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.
18 And the Lord God said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him.
Have you heard about the story of Adam and Eve? Am sure you have, it\’s the most famous story in the bible. If you haven\’t, I will summarize the story here for you.
Summary: God created Adam first; Adam was lonely; God created Eve; they were happy together; lucifer (before he became Satan) comes in to cause confusion and to gain what God has given them. End. Now that you know the story (again), I will like you to ponder over the questions below.
• Have you ever wondered why the devil didn\’t appear till man and woman were both created—Think about it, why didn\’t or couldn\’t he deceive Adam only?
• Have you ever wondered why the first thing He(the devil) came to do was to cause division?
• Do you know why He still tries to cause division in every happy relationship ?
• Do you know why he likes to create new empty relationships sparked and fueled by worldly lusts that only lead to heartbreaks? Do you?
28 And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.(Genesis 1:28)
Adam was only a man—one man; with eve they had the power to create a new generation. A generation that Satan wanted to control and is controlling now (you and I are not inclusive 🙂 ). Back then, lucifer didn\’t have as much authority as man had—man was the only being, who had dominion over everything God had created on this earth (Genesis 1:26-28, Hebrews 2:5-8, Psalms 8).
One of his (Satan\’s) goals was to control or have dominion over all of Adam\’s descendants. He wanted power, he wanted to be like God with people worshiping him— unlike God he had what he wanted through deception. Adam and Eve weren\’t going to die, so Adam would have been what the devil is to this world today.
23 And Adam said, This is now bone of my bones, and flesh of my flesh: she shall be called Woman, because she was taken out of Man. 24 Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh.(Genesis 2:23-24)
Woman was taken from man and when she goes back to become one with him, they become who Adam was before woman was created, and if they are both born again and filled with the Holy Spirit they (man and wife) have more power and wisdom than the original Adam had—ready to do even greater things than what Jesus did (John 14:12).
He(Adam) had dominion over all, so imagine what couples have with Jesus\’ authority and the power of the Holy Ghost. Jesus said, where two or three are gathered in my name I am there in their midst (Matthew 18:20)—this includes people in almost all kinds of relationship. When man and wife come together in the name of Jesus, God is right there to perform whatever they will say. Jesus also said \”whatsoever things you desire when you pray believe you receive and you will have them\” (Mark 11:25); He also said whatever you shall bind on earth regarding any situation would be bound in heaven and whatever you loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven (Matthew 16:19, Matthew 18:18). This is very powerful. Praise God!
The devil knows all this, that\’s why he likes to destroy marriages before the couple realize what they have and who they are as one. This is also why the first work of the flesh is adultery (which is intended to destroy the unity and power in a marriage) and the second work of the flesh is fornication. The other works of the flesh (Galatians 5:19-21) also come to cause confusion and division in every godly and happy relationship.
• Over 90% of his (Satan\’s) attacks are targeted at married couples or young unmarried people who are attracted to each other.
• Power was given to both of them, and they both lost it, that\’s why salvation is for both of them ( i.e man and woman).
• They both had the power, they both had to sin to make Satan\’s work complete; even after being born again, He comes back to drag them back into sin—this is the only way he can rule over them and hinder their prayers and so on (Isaiah 59:1-2). He needs to destroy both man and woman through sin to make his work complete.
• Man and woman become one to fulfill a divine purpose which is a hindrance to the devil\’s kingdom—a purpose which only God reveals by His spirit to every couple.
• The devil knows all this and that is why many marriages are suffering and why many relationships are empty—driven by devil, without power and opposite to God\’s plan for unity or oneness.
• Even after all they went through, they didn\’t split. Do you know why? It\’s because their relationship was rooted in God.
• Every thing or problem the devil brings, or every time the devil brings sin into a relationship this sin is passed on to the next generation. Take a look at Adam and Eve, their problem affected us all. Satan\’s attacks always have a ripple effect. This is what causes many homes to be broken and so on. The investments we make into our relationships either cause a Satanic ripple effect or a Godly ripple effect.
Amen and Amen. Bless His Holy Name.